Send an Email on behalf of a Google Group (to reflect the group's email address.)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Learn how to send as a Google Group reflecting the groups email address.|
Google and Communication
|in need of review.|
Step 1: Add an address you own
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings and then 'Settings'.
- Click 'Accounts and imports' tab.
- In 'Send mail as' section, click 'Add another email address you own' option.
- In the form provide, in field (1) type the Group name that shows up when you send an email with this address.
- In field (2) type in the group email address. Uncheck option (3) so this email is not treated as your nickname.
- Click on 'Next step' button to proceed to following step.
Step 2: Verify email ownership
- Before using this email address to send emails, Google requires that you verify this email ownership.
- Click on 'Send verification' button to let Google send a verification code to the group email.
- When Google sends a verification to the group email, you will also receive it in your personal email inbox since you're a member of that group.
So, just copy the code and move on to next step.
- Next, go back to verification page then paste the code you just copied from your inbox.
Step 3: Confirm 'send mail as'
- If all is set properly, you should now see your group email added in the 'Send mail as' section.
- If you would like to reply to emails sent to group email address using a group email, leave 'Reply from the same address' option checked.
Step 4: Sending an email using Group email address
- Now as a member of the group, you don't stop at only receiving emails sent to group email. But also send and reply to emails using group email.
- During email composition, just click on the dropdown icon to choose a group email address.
- Add only the members who need the send-as feature to the group.
- This is important, because anyone in the group during the send-as setup will get the confirmation code/link.
- If your group is already populated, you can either remove/re-add users, or simply change their email delivery settings to "no email" during setup.
For more Details
- To send as a Google Group reflecting the groups email address, you will want to follow these steps
Articles that use this template are
Other articles about Communications:
|Enable/disable call forwarding on my phone||How to enable/disable call forward on my phone|
|How to send a fax||How to send a fax|
|Update my voicemail greetings?||How to setup and access your voicemail.|
|Use RCS Google Groups?||Use RCS Google Groups|
|Send a broadcast message using School Messenger?||The School Messenger System allows school administrators to communicate announcements to members of the RCS community through an automated voice messaging system.|
|Email LS parents via Veracross||How to email parents via Veracross|
|Use Ruvna in an emergency||Ruvna replaces your paper and clipboard rosters during times of crisis. This article takes you through login and use.|
|Use Ruvna as an Admin|
|PA Paging System||How to use the PA system.|
|MiCollab Quick Guide||How to use the MiCollab Phone App.|
|Use Video Conferencing for Remote Learning?||How to use Google Meet|
|Mitel 6930 Quick Guide||Mitel 6930 Quick Guide|