|Summary||Print at Riverdale from your devices|
|Author||Maintained by Rob Shin|
|Help||Get help with this article|
|Status||Up-to-date for the 2023-2024 school year.|
Install Copiers on Riverdale Devices
Add Printers on macOS
If you are a school-issued macOS device, install the copiers/printers you need through Self-Service.
- Click on the Self Service icon, a red Riverdale logo in your Application folder
- Click on Printers in the left hand menu
- Select RCS_Copiers or another copier/printer you need
This will install the printer/copier and relevant drivers on your school issued macOS device.
If you are a student with a macOS device:
- Open System Settings and select Printers & Scanners
- In the right hand side of the window, scroll down until you see Add Printer, Scanner, or Fax...
- Click Add Printer, Scanner, or Fax...
- Scroll down until you see rcs_copiers
- Click rcs_copiers and then click Add
The printer is now installed! The first time you print to rcs_copiers, you'll be asked for your Riverdale username and passphrase.
- Delete the text in the username field and enter your Riverdale username (ex. mvanmierlo23)
- Enter your Riverdale passphrase
- Check the box Remember this password in my keychain
You should now be able to print. If you encounter an error such as Hold for authentication, then find a member of the Tech Team at Help Desk or around campus to help.
Add Printers on Windows 11
- Connect to the RCS-Community wireless network and login with your Riverdale username and passphrase
- Be on the latest version of Windows.
- Press the Windows key or open the Start menu and type "\\carbon\"
- If you encounter an error, press the Windows key or open the Start menu and type "\\carbon.riverdale.edu\" instead
- This will prompt for credentials choose More Options and use "riverdale\username" (ex. riverdale\mvanmierlo23) and press Enter
- This will bring up a window with all available printers. Double-click the desired printer icon in this window and that should install the printer and appropriate drivers
- Now when trying to print the dialogue should default to RCS_Copiers and the print job will be available any of the copiers. Your print job can be released by scanning your Riverdale ID at the desired copier.
Note: A small number of our users require the PaperCut Client Application to be running in order to print. If you received an email indicating that you were one of these lucky people, please follow our installation guide sent to you individually.
Printing on iOS
There is no need to install a printer or copier on iOS. This is the easiest way to print from an iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device. This is incredibly useful if you need to print something on the go and you don't have access to your computer. You can simply select rcs_copiers from the list of printers as long as you're on campus and connected to the RCS-Community network.
- Open the document you want to print
- Click on Share
- Scroll down and click on Print
- Click on Printer
- Select rcs_copiers
- Click Print
- When asked for a username and password, enter your Riverdale username and passphrase
Printing on Chromebooks
There is no need to install a printer or copier on ChromeOS. You can simply select RCS_Copiers from the list of printers as long as you're on campus and connected to the RCS-Community network.
- Open the document you want to print
- Click on the dropdown menu next to Destination
- Select See more...
- Scroll down until you see RCS_Copiers - [Universal]
- Click on RCS_Copiers then click on Print
- You may see a popup window for Papercut asking for a username and password
- Enter your Riverdale username and passphrase
- Click Sign in and print.
Printing and Releasing Jobs
- Print to RCS_Copiers
- Find a copier on campus a log-in to it by...
- Tapping your ID card
- Using the keyboard and entering your Riverdale username and passphrase
- Or scanning the QR code, and logging in on your phone or tablet web browser
- Once you're logged into the copier, click on Print Release
- Select the document you want to print by tapping on it
- Click Print
Note: if your document does not appear in the list, try printing to RCS_Copiers again from your computer. If it still doesn't show up, find a member of the Tech Team to help!
Printer and Copier Locations and Details
Note: This list includes those printers that are more generally available for printing from classrooms, laptops etc., and excludes printers that are used and maintained by specific offices or departments, and which are generally to be used only by those offices or departments.
|Description and Functions|
|River||Early Learning||1st Floor Copy Room||Multi Function Copier|
|River||Early Learning||3rd Floor Hallway||Multi Function Copier|
|River||Senior||2nd Floor Lobby||Multi Function Copier|
|River||Senior||3nd Floor Lobby||R_Sr_LRT||BW Laser|
|River||Senior||Band Room||R_Sr_Band||BW Laser|
|River||Senior||Art Office||R_Sr_Art||Color Inkjet|
|River||Upper Learning||UL Main Reception||Multi Function Copier|
|River||Upper Learning||UL Copy Room||Multi Function Copier|
|River||Upper Learning||UL Copy Room||R_UL_2nd_Fl_CopyRm||Color Laser|
|River||Junior||3rd Floor 711||R_Jr_711||BW Laser|
|River||Junior||Learning Lab||Multi Function Copier|
|Hill||Hackett||Basement||Multi Function Copier|
|Hill||Hackett||1st Floor Library||Multi Function Copier|
|Hill||Hackett||2nd Floor Library||Multi Function Copier|
|Hill||Hackett||3rd Floor Hallway||Multi Function Copier|
|Hill||9/10||Basement||Multi Function Copier|
|Hill||9/10||1st Floor Hallway||Multi Function Copier|
|Hill||9/10||2nd Floor Hallway||BW Laser|
|Hill||Science||1st Floor Hallway||BW Laser|
|Hill||Science Annex||5001||BW Laser|
|Hill||Science Annex||1st Floor Copy Room||Multi Function Copier|
|Hill||Mow||Reception||Multi Function Copier|
|Hill||Mow||1st Floor Hallway||Multo Function Copier|
|Hill||Mow||2nd Floor Hallway||BW Laser|
|Hill||Lindy||Lindy Lab||Multi Function Copier|
Changing Toner/Ink Cartridges
If the copier or printer is low on toner, please call x50. The Tech Department gets automated notifications about supply levels on copiers, but feel free to submit a tech support request.