|Summary||Resolve printing errors and issues on MacOS|
|Author||Maintained by Rob Shin|
|Help||Get help with this article|
|Status||Up-to-date for the 2023-2024 school year.|
The "Hold for Authentication" message appears when you try to print after changing your RCS passphrase and you haven't updated your printing keychain passphrase on your Mac OS computer or the saved password in Credential Manager on your Windows computer. Thus your laptop cannot authenticate to the RCS print server to print your print jobs.
Have you ever seen this?
What does "hold for authentication" mean?
This message appears when you try to print after changing your RCS passphrase and you haven't updated your printing keychain passphrase. Thus your laptop cannot authenticate to the RCS print server to print your print jobs.
How do I fix this? macOS
If you're enrolled in Self Service you can update your Keychain passphrase through the Self Service app.
- Open the Self Service app and log in with your RCS credentials
- Select the "Keychain" Category on the right
- Click the "Update RCS-Print Keychain passphrase" policy
- Follow the prompts for Username, Passphrase, and laptop password
- Your printing keychain passphrase is now updated
- Open Control Panel and select Credential Manager (you may need to change the view from Category to Icons in the top right)
- Under Windows Credentials click on carbon, then click edit
- Change your passphrase and click Save.