|An overview of procedures for working remotely during extended school closure.|
Classroom Technology and Systems
|in need of review.|
Procedures for employees to continue our educational mission and collaborate during periods of extended closure.
Using Google Hangouts Meet for Remote Learning
Classroom Google Meet is the tool you will use to video conference with your class if we're away from campus. Here's an article with all the details on how to use this tool.
How students may submit Handwritten Work using the Schoology iOS/Android App
Students can use the Mobile Schoology App to submit pictures of Math worksheets, Art drawings, and handwritten Science HW.
Here's an article with details for students.
Recording your screen laptop or iPad Screen
Here's an article which details your options for recording your screen. If you're in need of a laptop screen recording of more than 5 minutes, you will want to use QuickTime (Mac) or Game Bar (Windows). In all other instances, ScreenCastify is the way to go. This article also includes instructions on how to record your iPad Screen.
- Here's a Screencast which shows the basics of using ScreenCastify, and also shows how you can link to your recording in Schoology, or how you can choose to embed your Screen recordings directly in Schoology
Use Schoology's HTML5 Audio Video Recorder
The audio/video recorder in Schoology can be used in many areas of Schoology. Here's an article with more information. Schoology's HTML5 recorder?
Record my iPad Screen (with sound), and embed the video to Schoology
This is a great Flipped Classroom tool for Math and Physics teachers to record their handwritten notes on their iPad. Some apps that are well designed for this are: Notability and the SMART Notebook iPad App. Here's an article with details.
Modify Student Notifications in Schoology
It is suggested that students turn on email Notifications in Schoology.
- Click your name in the top right corner of any page in Schoology and select Settings.
- Click the Notifications tab.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the notification you'd like to change. It’s recommended that you have email notifications on for the following:
- School update: Turn on this option to receive a notification when your school posts an update.
- School update comment: Turn on this option to receive a notification when anyone comments on a school update.
- Receive a private message: Turn on this option to receive a notification whenever anyone sends you a message in Schoology.
- Course content created: Turn on this option to receive a notification whenever any Materials are published in any course you're a member of.
- Course materials overdue: Turn on this option to receive a notification when there are course materials that are still incomplete after the due date.
- Comments on my posts: Turn on this option to receive a notification whenever anyone comments on any updates you post in your courses, groups, or profile.
- Course update posted: Turn on this option to receive a notification whenever anyone posts an update to any course you're a member of.
|Link Multiple Class Sections in Schoology|
|Create Google Doc Assignments in Schoology|
|Record my Screen?||A screencast is a digital recording of computer screen output, also known as a video screen capture, often containing audio narration.|
|Use remote learning procedures (for faculty)||An overview of procedures for working remotely during extended school closure.|
|Get remote tech support||This page is intended for students and faculty during scheduled remote learning at Riverdale.|
|Master remote learning?||An overview of procedures for working remotely during extended school closure.|
|Use Schoology's HTML5 recorder?||An overview of procedures for working remotely during extended school closure.|
|Submit Student Work in Seesaw||Procedure for helping lower school students with remote learning|
|Embed a YouTube Video in Schoology?||After a long absence, the easiest way to embed YouTube videos in Schoology is working again!|
|Assess Student Learning Remotely Using SMART Notebook?||Create formative assessments using SMART Notebook’s response 2 wizard and convert files from previous versions of SMART Response.|
|Use student "Exam Accounts"||Using Exam accounts to restrict student web and app access during exams.|
|Live Annotate From My iPad to My Mac?||With Continuity Sketch and Continuity Markup, you can use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to easily insert sketches into your Mac documents, or perform live mark up of PDFs and images on your Mac.|
|Schedule Parent-Teacher Conferences with Zoom Video Conferencing?||This article is for Administrative assistants scheduling Parent Teacher Conferences.|
|Set up for Hybrid Learning||Information on the new technology introduced to classrooms on the Hill campus|
|Use Zoom Video Conferencing for Remote Learning?||Zoom is a remote conferencing program similar to Google Hangouts Meet. It provides a remote learning service that provides audio, video, content sharing, annotation, video clip sharing, breakout rooms, polling, recording and more.|
|Join a Class Zoom?||How to join class when you're instructed to do so by your Dean or by the School Nurse.|