|Summary||Create flowcharts and digital collaboration spaces|
|Author||Maintained by Matthijs van Mierlo|
|Help||Get help with this article|
|Status||Up-to-date for the 2023-2024 school year.|
As a school, all faculty and students now have access to Lucidchart and Lucidspark: online, collaborative diagramming tools for flowcharts and other visualizations. Lucidchart specializes with creating flowcharts, diagrams, or mapping out other highly structured processes while Lucidspark serves more as a collaborative online whiteboard. Both of these platforms allow for real time collaboration, thus making this a great tool to consider for group projects, activities, or assignments.
Log in to access Lucid tools
It is very easy to get started with Lucidchart and/or Lucidspark. Follow the instructions below to gain access with your Riverdale account. Both tools can be accessed from the same website and dashboard.
- Go to https://www.lucidchart.com/pages/
- Click on Log in
- Click on Google and sign-in with your RCS email address and passphrase
Create Lucidchart or Lucidspark projects
To summarize the key differences between Lucidchart and Lucidspark project:
- Lucidchart is great for projects that include flowcharts, diagrams, and mapping
- Lucidspark is great if you need a collaborative, real-time online whiteboard with different tools
To create a new Lucidchart or Lucidspark project:
- Log in to https://www.lucidchart.com/pages/,
- Click on + New at the top left of the window and choose the appropriate type of project
- There are templates available to use, but you can always start with a Blank board or Blank document.
Collaborate on Lucidchart or Lucidspark projects
With Lucid tools, it is extremely easy to share and collaborate on projects. Simply click on the Share button within a project and either
- Type the Email you want to share with OR
- Click on Link, toggle Shareable Link to On, and then copy the link to share with collaborators
Learn more about Lucidchart or Lucidspark
These tools from Lucid have so many different features! To look up different tutorials, features, and to get help with these tools visit the following website: https://lucidchart.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. If you still have questions about how to use these tools, incorporate them into your classes/projects, or have general questions about this, don't hesitate to reach out to a member of the Tech Team! We are more than happy help!