|DigiExam is a browser-based secure exam too which allows teachers to create and distribute an assessment
|Maintained by Matthijs van Mierlo
|Get help with this article
|Up-to-date for the 2023-2024 school year.
What is DigiExam?
Digiexam has taken the place of Exam Accounts at the Upper School. DigiExam allows teachers at the Upper School to administer an online exam to students, while preventing the test taker from leaving the DigiExam application. Faculty, if you would like a DigiExam account, please submit a Tech Request at support.riverdale.edu.
Digiexam for MS Students
Access Digiexam from a Chromebook
- Log out of your account
- Click Apps in the lower left hand corner of the screen
- Select DigiExam
- Log into DigiExam with your Riverdale e-mail and your DigiExam password
- Don't forget to tick the box for USA, or you won't be able to log in
- If you don't know your password, or if you're using DigiExam for the first time, please visit app-us.digiexam.com/app#/forgot-password. Use your Riverdale email address and then reset your DigiExam password according to their directions.
Digiexam for US Students
- Download the DigiExam client from here.
- Log into DigiExam with your Riverdale e-mail and your DigiExam password. Don't forget to tick the box for USA, or you won't be able to log in
- If you don't know your password, or if you're using DigiExam for the first time, please visit app-us.digiexam.com/app#/forgot-password
- Use your Riverdale email address and then reset your DigiExam password according to their directions.
To use DigiExam you only need to create your exam, and then share the Exam ID with your students. Reach out to a member of the Tech Team with your class roster so that we can make sure students have a proper account setup.
- Log in at https://app-us.digiexam.com/app#/
- There are 4 different question types you can ask: Text, Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, and Word Gap
- For more information about Question Types, visit Digiexam's support page here.
- For each question type, you can add media by clicking the + Media button. Media options are: YouTube Video, Audio, Webpage, PDF's
- For more information about Media Types, visit Digiexam's support page here.
- For PDF's and MP3 Media types from Google Drive
- Upload the file to e.g. Google Drive
- Right-click on the file and click on Get link
- Change the setting so that Anyone with the link is chosen
- Click on Copy link
- Go back to exam in DigiExam
- Click on + Add media
- Choose Web page (Single web page)
- Paste the link and click on Add link. The audio link will now appear as a grey box containing the chosen title. To test the link, preview your exam and click on the grey box. You should now hear the audio your web browser.
For in-depth help on starting an exam for your classes, see this support article from Digiexam. The basic steps are outlined below:
- Log-in to your Digiexam username and password on this page
- Click on Exams in the left tool bar
- Click Start on the appropriate exam
- Choose Use exam ID
- Click Start exam now
- Share the Exam ID with your class
If you want the audio to play on the same page as the question, without linking to an external webpage, it is necessary to keep only the code after the equal sign and paste the following link in front of the code: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id= For example:
- From: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rFd3W7ti3imFcHX6_RE0z8dPTDbljqFG/view?usp=sharing
- To: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1rFd3W7ti3imFcHX6_RE0z8dPTDbljqFG