Remove RCS management tools from a device
|instructions to prep devices for personal use|
Classroom Technology and Systems
|in need of review.|
Step 1: Uninstall Self Service
Please follow these instructions to Uninstall Self Service from your RCS Mac laptop.
Step 2 (Optional): Wipe and reinstall fresh macOS
If you would like a completely wiped-clean laptop, (after backing up your data, of course,) please follow these detailed instructions from Apple on How to erase and reinstall macOS.
Note: All of the data on your Mac will be erased!
There are (2) options available: Factory reset the laptop (recommended) OR selectively uninstall RCS related applications.
Please contact Rob Shin for any questions or if you'd like assistance with this process.
Back Up All of Your Files
It is essential to first back up all of your files. There is always a risk of losing data when making changes to a system.
- Google Drive
- My Documents folder
Option 1: Perform Factory Reset (Windows 10 out-of-box experience)
- Plug in the charger so the laptop is running off wall power
- Click the Start button
- Type Settings and hit Enter
- Select Update & Security
- In the left hand menu, click on Recovery
- On the right side under Reset this PC, click on Get started
- Choose Keep my files
- Click on Change settings
- Toggle the radio button to Off for the Preinstalled apps
- Hit Next and confirm to proceed with the factory reset
Option 2: Selectively Uninstall RCS Applications
- Click on the Start button
- Type Control Panel and hit enter
- Click on Programs and Features
- You'll be presented with a list of all applications installed on your laptop. Right click on each one and uninstall:
- Google Drive File Stream (unless you'd like to link your personal Google account)
- Office 365 (unless you intend to purchase your own license)
- Adobe CC products (RCS provided license will be expired)
Please see  for information about how to prepare your school-managed iPad for return to Riverdale.
Perform Factory Reset
- After Tech has deprovision the device, follow the steps below.
- Turn off the Chromebook.
- Press Esc+Refresh+Power. A yellow exclamation point (!) or "Please insert a recovery USB stick" is displayed.
- Press Ctrl+D to begin Developer mode, then press Enter.
- Press Space, then press Enter. The Chromebook deletes its local data, returning to its initial state. This can take approximately 40 minutes.
- When the transition completes, press the space bar, then press Enter to return to verified mode.