|Summary||Handle multiple sections of the same class easier by linking them in Schoology|
|Author||Maintained by Matthijs van Mierlo|
|Help||Get help with this article|
|Status||Up-to-date for the 2023-2024 school year.|
Linking Course sections is a great way to manage all sections of a course more efficiently.
When sections are linked, they all share the same set of materials and grade setup. This means you only need to create materials once, even when you teach multiple sections of the same course. Linked sections also have toggles you can use to switch between each section instantly, so you can keep the sections separate while enjoying a more streamlined workflow.
Here are the steps necessary to link sections of your courses:
* Navigate to "Courses", and select "My Courses"
* Click the Gear drop-down next to the section you'd like to be the Master/Parent Course, and select "Link Existing Section".
* Here's an animation of what it looks like to successfully link linkable sections.
* If the requirements for linked sections are not met, the other section(s) will be grayed out. If you hover your mouse over the grayed-out section, you will see a tooltip explaining the cause of the issue.
The most common cause of this is that linked courses must have the same Admins.
* Select the sections you'd like to link to your master course, and click "Next":
* As a safeguard against losing grade data for child sections, you must select to download a grade export file for each section being linked:
* Here's what successfully linked courses look like in "My Courses":
|Create Google Doc Assignments in Schoology|
|Use remote learning procedures (for faculty)||An overview of procedures for working remotely during extended school closure.|
|Use remote learning procedures (for students)||An overview of procedures for working remotely during extended school closure.|
|Get remote tech support||This page is intended for students and faculty during scheduled remote learning at Riverdale.|
|Master remote learning?||An overview of procedures for working remotely during extended school closure.|
|Assess Student Learning Remotely Using SMART Notebook?||Create formative assessments using SMART Notebook’s response 2 wizard and convert files from previous versions of SMART Response.|
|Use student "Exam Accounts"||Using Exam accounts to restrict student web and app access during exams.|
|Live Annotate From My iPad to My Mac?||With Continuity Sketch and Continuity Markup, you can use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to easily insert sketches into your Mac documents, or perform live mark up of PDFs and images on your Mac.|
|Use Zoom Video Conferencing for Remote Learning?||Zoom is a remote conferencing program similar to Google Hangouts Meet. It provides a remote learning service that provides audio, video, content sharing, annotation, video clip sharing, breakout rooms, polling, recording and more.|