Enter student updates?

From howdoi
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is...
Summary.png How to enter student updates
IntendedE.png Intended for
Categories.png Categorized under
RCS software and services and Veracross
JK.jpg Maintained by
Jonathan King
2018-2019.png Up-to-date for the 2018-2019 school year.


For 2018-19 we have a new process for submitting Student Updates (formerly known as Academic Reports, Commendations, and Disciplinary Reports) via the Faculty Portal. This process will be quite similar to the way many of you submit Interim Reports.


  1. On the faculty portal, choose “Add Comment”
  2. In the pop-up that opens, enter student’s name. If this comment is regarding academic performance (either a concern or a commendation), be sure to select your class from the drop-down menu, as well. (If you are submitting a disciplinary note that is not relevant to any one class, then you can leave the class drop-down blank.)
  3. Select “Student Update” from the “Type” drop-down menu. We will use “Student Update” for all three of these types of comments--academic concerns, academic commendations, and disciplinary notes.
  4. Enter your comment in the text box.
  5. Click “Add student comment” at the top of the window.               

If you have any questions, please let our Registrar, Jackie Perreira-Skillman know.

Other articles about Software and Services:

Article Summary
Fix "Hold for Authentication" when printing This page describes how to fix a common printing error.
Access Financial Edge? The Financial Edge is the financial management software that the RCS Business Office uses.
Enter lower school comments? Procedure for entering lower school comments
Get a loaner computer? Instructions on what to do if you need to borrow a laptop.
Install RCS-provided software on my Windows PC? Follow these directions to request software for your Windows machine.
Use RCS Shoebox? This page is for Riverdale-specific information about the setup and use of Shoebox for archiving documents, images, and videos.
Use myRiverdale (aka Okta)? Provides secure identity management and single sign-on to many RCS applications and services.
Post on blogs.riverdale.edu? blogs.riverdale.edu is the official blogging site for Riverdale Country School. It is a WordPress blog.
Project in the classroom/theater? How to connect your device to RCS projectors and displays.
Access library resources How to to access all of Riverdale's print and digital resources, including eBooks, audiobooks, and interactive books, as well as free and paid subscription databases.
Restore Google data? if your Google user data is deleted or corrupted, you can restore it immediately.
Access my domain files remotely This page describes how you can access your Riverdale server files from home.
Organize My Google Drive Is it taking you way too long to find something on Google Drive? Then check out the infographic below to tackle the world of Google Drive Organization and File Naming.
Understand the user account lifecycle Hiring a new employee? Go to the section of this document that corresponds with his/her start date. Wondering about a new/visiting/exchange student? Those details are here as well.