Access library resources
|How to to access all of Riverdale's print and digital resources, including eBooks, audiobooks, and interactive books, as well as free and paid subscription databases.|
Employees, Students and Parents
RCS software and services
|Up-to-date for the 2018-2019 school year.|
In mid-2011, the Riverdale Libraries on both River and Hill campuses unified their card-catalog and on-line resources with Follett's on-line Destiny Card Catalog. This allows patrons on either campus to view the holdings in either library. Patrons with a Riverdale Domain username and password can login to the Destiny catalog to view their Library account. This will enable patrons to save book lists, view resource lists created by other patrons, get a list of checked-out books, renew books, and access on-line databases through the card catalog search.
Accessing On-Line Resources through the Card Catalog Search
Follett has arrangements with several of the on-line database providers we subscribe to that allow searches of their resources through the card catalog search window.
Of the many on-line databases Riverdale subscribes to, only the following resources can be searched through Destiny:
- EBSCO: Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia; Primary Search
- InfoTrac: National Newspaper Index & Newspapers; Business & Company ASAP; Heath Reference Center Academic
- Proquest: Historical Newspaper; My Research
- Gale Group: Health and Wellness Resource Center; Business and Company Resource Center; Opposing Viewpoints in Context; Virtual Reference Library
- Oxford: African American Study Center; American National Biography; Art Online; English Dictionary Online; Music Online; Reference Online
- Grolier Online
- Sharpe Online Reference
- SIRS Discoverer
- United Streaming/Discovery Education Streaming
How to search:
- Login to Follett Destiny using your Riverdale Domain username & password. You cannot search on-line databases if you are not logged in. You can, however, browse the card catalog.
- In the Library Search window, click the Power tab
- Click the checkbox near the bottom of the search window: "Include Online Resources"
- Choose one, several, or all online resources to search by using the "Select All" button or by choosing individual checkboxes.
River Campus - Lower School
Hill Campus - Middle and Upper School
Other articles about Software and Services:
|Fix "Hold for Authentication" when printing||This page describes how to fix a common printing error.|
|Access Financial Edge?||The Financial Edge is the financial management software that the RCS Business Office uses.|
|Enter student updates?||How to enter student updates|
|Enter lower school comments?||Procedure for entering lower school comments|
|Get a loaner computer?||Instructions on what to do if you need to borrow a laptop.|
|Install RCS-provided software on my Windows PC?||Follow these directions to request software for your Windows machine.|
|Use RCS Shoebox?||This page is for Riverdale-specific information about the setup and use of Shoebox for archiving documents, images, and videos.|
|Use myRiverdale (aka Okta)?||Provides secure identity management and single sign-on to many RCS applications and services.|
|Post on blogs.riverdale.edu?||blogs.riverdale.edu is the official blogging site for Riverdale Country School. It is a WordPress blog.|
|Project in the classroom/theater?||How to connect your device to RCS projectors and displays.|
|Restore Google data?||if your Google user data is deleted or corrupted, you can restore it immediately.|
|Access my domain files remotely||This page describes how you can access your Riverdale server files from home.|
|Organize My Google Drive||Is it taking you way too long to find something on Google Drive? Then check out the infographic below to tackle the world of Google Drive Organization and File Naming.|
|Understand the user account lifecycle||Hiring a new employee? Go to the section of this document that corresponds with his/her start date. Wondering about a new/visiting/exchange student? Those details are here as well.|