|Access many of our RCS applications with a single log-on
|Maintained by Jeremy Martinez
|Get help with this article
|Up-to-date for the 2023-2024 school year.
We urge you to clear your web browser cache before visiting the new myRiverdale for the first time. See the instructions below for macOS, Windows, and all common web browsers.
Log in to myRiverdale
- Go to my.riverdale.edu
- Enter your Riverdale username and passphrase
- Check the box next to Remember me if you want your credentials to be saved
- Click Sign In
First Time Setup
If this is your first time logging in, you will be prompted to answer a few questions as part of the account creation process.
- Add a secondary email to use when resetting your passphrase, or check the box that says I have no secondary email address
- Click + Add Phone Number if you want the option to reset your passphrase via text message
- Choose a security question to answer if you forget your passphrase
- Choose a security image
- When you have finished these steps, click on the button that says Create Account in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Now you have successfully created your account and will be logged into the application!
The Okta Dashboard
Understand the Dashboard
For an enhanced experience, the new dashboard also comes with a new Okta Browser Plugin. All existing capabilities of the plugin are available in the redesigned Okta Browser Plugin. Main changes include:
- Tab sidebar moved to the left
- Navigation changed
View Account Settings
- Click on your name on the top right of the browser window
- Click Settings
- From here you can change your security question, change your security image, reset your Riverdale passphrase, and more.
Install the Okta plugin
With the Okta Browser Plugin you automatically initiate an Okta sign-in to a broad range of applications that would otherwise require you to manually enter your credentials. For more info click here.
- Click on the part of the message that says Install
- After starting the installation, follow the onscreen instructions for your operating system and browser
- When the installation is complete, restart your web browser
- If you use more than one browser, you will need to install the plug-in in each browser
- For more info on the plug-ins click here.
Note: Each web browser has its own slightly different method of installing the plug-in.
- The Dashboard contains all of the links to applications that were accessible through the myRiverdale portal. To login to any of these applications simply click its icon.
- If you have not installed the Okta plugin, you will receive a prompt to do so.
- The first time you login to an application you may be asked to enter your passphrase.
- For more info on Okta Plugin, click here
- The Dashboard view can be customized by rearranging the order in which apps appear or by creating Sections to organize apps under different headings.
- Click the + next to the existing Section
- Then enter a name for the new section
- To add applications to the new section, simply drag/drop apps.
Drag and Reorder Applications
- Simply click on the application you wish to move, and drag/drop it into the new position.
- We recommend creating a section to store applications you don't need/use.
Change Application Settings
- Click on the three dots icon in the upper right-hand corner of the application tile.
- If you want to launch an application automatically when you sign into myRiverdale
- Click on General
- Check the box Automatically launch this app when I sign into Okta
Access Okta Mobile App
With the mobile app, users can access the applications in their Dashboard and reset their Riverdale passphrase.
- When you open the Okta mobile app for the first time, you'll be prompted to enter some log-in information:
- For Site name, enter "my.riverdale.edu"
- For Username, enter your Riverdale username
- For Password, enter your Riverdale passphrase
Note: Please note that the mobile application has been a little inconsistent in our testing. It does not always work correctly for all applications. We hope it will be improved in future versions.