Email LS parents via Veracross
|How to email parents via Veracross|
|in need of review.|
Send email to a classes parents
To send an email to a set of parents associated with a specific class via the Veracross teacher portal:
- Locate the class who's parents you want to email
- Hover over the Contact Tab
- Click "Email parents"
If setup correctly on your computer a new compose message window will open in your preferred email client with the appropriate email distribution list in the to section. This means you are sending your email via your RCS Gmail account. If this is not the case and you would like it to be, please dial x50 or submit a tech support request.
Email both cohorts of parents in a specific class
To send an email to both cohorts of parents associated with a specific class via the Veracross teacher portal:
- Locate the cohort who's parents you want to email
- Hover over the Contact Tab
- Right Click on the "Email parents" link to open an email draft in a new tab
- Follow the first 3 steps listed above
- Add both distribution lists to the "to" section of your email draft. DO NOT USE CC or BCC: Using CC or BCC will not allow the emails to be sent to both cohorts of families. Please ensure that both distribution lists are listed in the TO section.
- Once sent all families will receive the message and will only be able to reply to you.
- Homebase teachers using your class email to send this message will ensure that you AND your co-teacher will receive a reply from families
Here is a quick video that might give more information
Send email based on grade level
Email distribution lists allow individuals to send an email to all parents associated with a specific grade level. These email lists can be helpful when sending blanket grade level reminders (ex. Winter is coming! Remember to bring snow gear to play outside)
To do so, click the distribution list below for the grade level of parents you wish to email. If setup correctly on your computer a new compose message window will open in your preferred email client with the appropriate email distribution list in the to section. This means you are sending your email via your RCS Gmail account. If this is not the case and you would like it to be, please dial x50 or submit a tech support request.
Facts about emailing via Veracross
- Do we HAVE to use Veracross to email parents?
- Yes, we want everyone to communicate with parents via the Veracross Teacher Portal
- When I send an email from Veracross, does it come from MY email?
- Yes, the email will go through the Veracross portal, but once parents receive it, they will see your name in the reply-to address
- When parents reply to the email sent, will it come to my email?
- Yes, if you send it from your gmail account, your information will be in the reply-to address
- Do I have 2 emails now?
- No, you will only use your gmail account to send and receive email
- Can we use our group email to send and receive emails via Veracross?
- Veracross RESENDS the email with whatever reply-to address YOU have on the original email that you sent to the Distribution Group. When sending an email, make sure to change the sender information to your group address. firstname.lastname@example.org, the replies will go there. Veracross does NOT receive ANY email whatsoever.