Deal with a missing, lost, or stolen device?
|Instructions on what to do if you can't find your device.|
Employees and Students
RCS Software and Services
|Up-to-date for the 2022-2023 school year.|
If you can't locate your device, immediately report it to us. It's much better to have us scramble to find it quickly -- and then remember it's at home -- than to give a thief time to exploit it.
Directly notify someone from the Tech Department -- by phone (x50) or in person. Please don't leave a message; actually talk with someone so you know we're working on it.
To report your device missing in a Support Ticket, Create a ticket and choose "Devices/Hardware" when you're asked what the ticket is about. Choose your missing device from the list of devices > Missing Device/Peripheral > Device Lost or Stolen.
Locating your device
- To find your missing devices, sign in to the Find My iPhone app on any iOS device, or sign into https://www.icloud.com/#find.
Windows or Android Device
- With Find My Device: Visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11579/microsoft-account-find-and-lock-lost-windows-device to learn more.
- With Prey Project: Visit https://panel.preyproject.com/devices and log in to see your device's location.
- With Android Device Manager: Visit https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and log in to see your device's location.
- Open a browser, like Chrome Chrome. If you're using someone else's device, use private browsing mode.
- Open your Google Account.
- In the "Security" section, find "Your devices." Select Manage devices.
- Select the lost phone, tablet, or Chromebook. You'll see the last time the device was used, and the last city it was in.
- Next to "Account Access," select Sign out. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove access to your Google Account and connected apps on your device.
- If you find your device, you can sign in to your Google Account again.
- If you're trying to find a lost phone or tablet, you can also select Find a lost device. Follow the onscreen directions for more ways to find or secure your device.