Access, Archive, and Restore my Past Schoology Courses?
|How to save past year's Schoology courses to Resources in order to access those materials for current and future courses.|
Employees and Students
Classroom technology and systems
|in need of review.|
- 1 Step 1 - Setup a new Collection to keep your Resources Organized
- 2 Step 2 - Save your old Course Materials to Resources
- 3 If you see "See All" in the bottom-right corner...
- 4 If you only have a "Browse" option...
- 5 Step 3 - Editing your Course Materials from Resources
- 6 Step 4 - Adding Material from Resources into your new (2017-2018) Courses
- 7 Other articles about Classroom Technology and Systems:
Step 1 - Setup a new Collection to keep your Resources Organized
a) Click Resources in the top menu and then select Personal from the list.
b) Click the file cabinet icon to create a new Collection.
c) Name the collection "2016-2017 Schoology Courses", and click "Create".
Step 2 - Save your old Course Materials to Resources
Start by navigating to your course home page. Click "Courses" in the top menu. You will either see an option for "See All", or an option for "Browse". Below are directions for how to proceed based on what you see.
a) Click "See All", and then select "Archived" to see a complete list of archived courses sorted by grading period.
b) Click into the Course you want to save to resources.
c) Click Options, and Select Save Course to Resources.
d) In the first drop-down menu, select the desired collection ("2016-2017 Schoology Courses", for example.)
If you only have a "Browse" option...
If you click the browse button, it will take you to a page where you can search for your courses.
The picture below shows the necessary steps to find your archived courses through this search page.
Here's a summary of the steps described in the picture above.
- Deselect/uncheck the box for "Display current sections only".
- Enter your last name in the search field to the right.
Step 3 - Editing your Course Materials from Resources
There is a Gear Icon to the right of every resource. The Gear Icon allows you to Edit, Move, Copy, or Delete a resource.
- Edit—This option allows you to change the title of your resource, as well as to add notes that will only appear in your Resources.
- Copy to—This option allows you to "copy and paste" the resource into another location in your Resources.
- Move to—This option allows you to "cut and paste" the resource into another location in your Resources.
- Delete—This option allows you to delete the resource from your Resources. This action cannot be undone.
Step 4 - Adding Material from Resources into your new (2017-2018) Courses
First, navigate to your new course. (Note, this won't happen until the end of August for 2017-2018 courses.) Then follow these directions to add old course material:
Other articles about Classroom Technology and Systems:
|Get on WiFi||This article explains how to get online with your devices at Riverdale.|
|Use a laptop/iPad/Chromebook cart or lab||An overview of procedures for computer use at both campuses.|
|Use Schoology||Schoology is our Learning Management System. This should get you started on the path to Schoology mastery.|
|Get access to xxx's Schoology course||If the teacher you'd like to add to your course already has a Schoology account, follow these steps.|
|Make the projector image brighter||How to improve your....|
|Use Schoology/Logging In||Schoology is our Learning Management System. This should get you started on the path to Schoology mastery.|
|Use a Chromebook effectively||Some getting started tips on Chromebooks.|
|Set up a Chromebook||Some getting started tips on Chromebooks.|
|Link (or "Merge") multiple sections of the same Course in Schoology? (2017-2018 School Year)||Schoology is our Learning Management System. This should get you started on the path to Schoology mastery.|
|Organize My Google Drive||Is it taking you way too long to find something on Google Drive? Then check out the infographic below to tackle the world of Google Drive Organization and File Naming.|
|Use the Google Drive Assignments App in Schoology?|
|Record my Screen?||A screencast is a digital recording of computer screen output, also known as a video screen capture, often containing audio narration.|
|Secure and prevent a catastrophe with my laptop, ChromeBook, and phone?||How to prevent harm to your devices.|
|Access Lynda.com training and tutorial videos?||If the teacher you'd like to add to your course already has a Schoology account, follow these steps.|