Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Zendesk platform lets agents chat with visitors.|
Employees and Students
Zendesk and Communication
|Up-to-date for the 2019-2020 school year.|
What is ZenDesk Chat
- The Zendesk platform lets agents switch between serving chats, phone calls, emails, or social media messages. And with the Zendesk Web Widget, someone can ask for help or find the answers themselves, all within the Riverdale.edu wedsite.
- People perceive chat as a more personal interaction channel than say email. Folks are used to “chatting” with their friends and family over SMS – a platform where emojis and LOLs rule – so they might expect a similar tone when talking to a visitor. So with this in mind, always assess each situation on the side of formality.
- To log in to your chat tickets click here
Responding to or initiating a chat with a visitor
- There are two methods how to answer/start a chat request
Answering a Chat Via Request
- To start chatting with a visitor, click Serve 1 request in the bottom left corner.
- You can add images, emoji, and send customers requests to rate your chat, using the buttons in the bottom left of the chat window.
Answering a Chat Via Visitor's Tab
- You can start chatting with visitors by selecting them from the Visitor List. To start a proactive chat
- From the dashboard, click Visitors.
- Click a visitor's name in List mode.
- Type your message in the chat window and press Enter to send.
- Online: You will receive all chat pings
- Away: You will see all chat request (use when stepping away for a min or two, or if you are on a long chat session)
- Invisible: You are off-line