Restore Google data?
|if your Google user data is deleted or corrupted, you can restore it immediately.|
Employees and Students
RCS software and services
|Up-to-date for the 2018-2019 school year.|
Spanning Backup is a web service we've purchased for everyone at Riverdale. It automatically creates a daily backup of your GMail inbox, Drive, Calendar, Sites, and Contacts. It also provides an easy-to-use interface to restore your data in the event that, for example, you accidentally trash a Google Drive file, or make a change in one of those files that you would like to reverse.
How do I use it?
- Click the grid icon in the upper right-hand corner of one of your Google Apps windows.
- Click the "More" button at the bottom of the drop-down that appears.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down and click the icon that says "Spanning B..."
- You are now on the Spanning Backup main page. (You can bookmark this page so that you don't have to repeat the previous steps get here.)
- Under the History tab (on the left-hand side) you can see a complete log of your daily backups. But if you're looking to recover accidentally deleted or changed data, you'll want to use the Restore tab.
- We'll cover Google Drive, as that's the Google App in which you're most likely going to want to restore some data. (If you're having any trouble using Spanning Backup for another one of your Google Apps, don't hesitate to contact the Tech Department.) Click on the Drive tab underneath the word "RESTORE."
- Use the left/right calendar selector tool to browse to the day that the version of the document you'd like to restore was saved.
- Check the box next to the document in question, then click the "Restore" button in the upper right.
Other articles about Software and Services:
|Fix "Hold for Authentication" when printing||This page describes how to fix a common printing error.|
|Access Financial Edge?||The Financial Edge is the financial management software that the RCS Business Office uses.|
|Enter student updates?||How to enter student updates|
|Enter lower school comments?||Procedure for entering lower school comments|
|Get a loaner computer?||Instructions on what to do if you need to borrow a laptop.|
|Install RCS-provided software on my Windows PC?||Follow these directions to request software for your Windows machine.|
|Use RCS Shoebox?||This page is for Riverdale-specific information about the setup and use of Shoebox for archiving documents, images, and videos.|
|Use myRiverdale (aka Okta)?||Provides secure identity management and single sign-on to many RCS applications and services.|
|Post on blogs.riverdale.edu?||blogs.riverdale.edu is the official blogging site for Riverdale Country School. It is a WordPress blog.|
|Project in the classroom/theater?||How to connect your device to RCS projectors and displays.|
|Access library resources||How to to access all of Riverdale's print and digital resources, including eBooks, audiobooks, and interactive books, as well as free and paid subscription databases.|
|Access my domain files remotely||This page describes how you can access your Riverdale server files from home.|
|Organize My Google Drive||Is it taking you way too long to find something on Google Drive? Then check out the infographic below to tackle the world of Google Drive Organization and File Naming.|
|Understand the user account lifecycle||Hiring a new employee? Go to the section of this document that corresponds with his/her start date. Wondering about a new/visiting/exchange student? Those details are here as well.|