Get answers to my Lower School parent's remote learning questions
|FAQ for helping lower school parents with remote learning|
Classroom Technology and Systems and Remote Learning
|Up-to-date for the 2019-2020 school year.|
- 1 How do we login to my child’s Chromebook?
- 2 How do we access the Remote Learning Plan document on my child’s device?
- 3 How do we play the videos in the Remote Learning Plan document on my child's device?
- 4 How do we get the Lexia Core 5, Dreambox and Clever credentials for my child?
- 5 Is our RCS device setup to do Zoom meetings?
- 6 How does my child use Zoom on a device we own?
- 7 How do we use Zoom on my child’s device when we can’t email the link to my child?
- 8 How do we access my child’s RCS Account on a device we own?
- 9 How do I access myRiverdale on an iPad?
- 10 How do we get more help?
How do we login to my child’s Chromebook?
Your 3rd, 4th or 5th grade students should login to their Chromebook using their RCS credentials (username and passphrase). Passphrases were distributed via an email from Dr. Jonathan King on Friday, March 28th. Please refer back to that email for credentials.
**Please note that only RCS Accounts can login to RCS Chromebooks and PK-2nd grade students do not have RCS Accounts
How do we access the Remote Learning Plan document on my child’s device?
Students can access the Remote Learning Planning (RLP) documents by completing the following steps:
- Open an Internet browser window (Google Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Type the 'Tinyurl' at the top of the remote learning document and press return.
- They will look something like this https://tinyurl.com/RCSg4 (this one won't work!)
- We suggest you bookmark the RLP for easier access throughout the week. There will be a new RLP document each week.
How do we play the videos in the Remote Learning Plan document on my child's device?
You should be able to watch the videos in the RLP. How you do so depends on what device you are using:
- A device managed by RCS: click the video link in the RLP and it will play correctly.
- A Chromebook you manage: click the video link in the RLP and it should play correctly.
- An iPad you manage: Most newer iPads should have no problem playing the video in Safari. We have noticed that some older iPads won't be able to play the videos in Safari. If you encounter that issue, please install Chrome on the iPad. We understand that your Screen Time settings may block installation of Chrome; in that case you'll need to consider modifying those restrictions.
How do we get the Lexia Core 5, Dreambox and Clever credentials for my child?
We are in the process of streamlining how you access all of these programs. We will be communicating with families in the coming days on how to login. Please note these programs are supplementary resources and are meant to be optional for 1st - 5th grade students. We will update this entry when new information is available.
Is our RCS device setup to do Zoom meetings?
All RCS distributed Chromebooks and iPads have the zoom app pre-installed. You can locate the Zoom application on the iPad home screen. This article provides step by step instructions on how to join a zoom meeting from your child’s chromebook.
How does my child use Zoom on a device we own?
You can download the Zoom application from the Zoom downloads page. If you are using a personal Chromebook, we recommend you login to the Chromebook using your child’s RCS credentials to ensure you have all the appropriate services available. You may be restricted on what is available to you using a personal account for a child under 13. If you install your own management system or parental controls, please make sure you are familiar with how it works to ensure it won’t conflict with the needs of your child. Children, however, will NOT need to login to Zoom directly to access their morning meetings or one on one check-in's.
We have a "walled garden" email system for the Lower School to facilitate teaching students proper emailing techniques in a safe environment. This means you cannot email your child's RCS Account, and they cannot email you.
In most cases, the Zoom links are in the Remote Learning Plan Document that the student can open on their device. If you have a Zoom that isn’t linked on the RLP, we suggest you open the Zoom application on their device, then enter the Meeting ID followed by the Meeting Password (if required). We recommend that parents are accessible if their child needs assistance.
How do we access my child’s RCS Account on a device we own?
Your 3rd, 4th and 5th grade child can access their RCS Account by opening an Internet browser and going to https://my.riverdale.edu. For more information on what resources they have available on their Riverdale page, read our how do I article on accessing digital learning platforms.
How do I access myRiverdale on an iPad?
Please install the Okta Mobile app to access myRiverdale applications. On first launch you will be asked for the Site Name, Username, and Password. See below for details.
- Site Name: riverdale.okta.com
- Username: RCS Username (do not include @riverdale.edu)
- Password: RCS Email Passphrase
You will also be asked to set up a pin. This 4-Digit pin is used to access the Okta Mobile app without needing to sign in every time. Create a 4-Digit pin that you will remember (we do not have access to this pin).
How do we get more help?
There are several ways that you can get in touch with us if you or your student(s) are having problems accessing their lessons or our digital tools:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a very clear voicemail at 347.913.3123 indicating who you are, your contact details, and the issue at hand
In both cases, your request will go into our support queue and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.