Use Schoology's HTML5 recorder?
The audio/video recorder works in Chrome Browser. It can be used in the following areas of Schoology Courses:
- Assignment - Teacher attachment
- Assignment - Student submission
- Test/Quiz - Teacher Instructions
- Test/Quiz - Question stimulus
- Test/Quiz - Student response (Short Answer/Essay Question when Allow video or audio answers for students is enabled)
- Discussion - Teacher stimulu
- Discussion - Comments and replies
- Page - Teacher direct instuction
|An overview of procedures for working remotely during extended school closure.|
Classroom Technology and Systems and Remote Learning
|in need of review.|
In any of the above-mentioned areas in Schoology that allow the HTML5 recorder:
Step 1 - Click the microphone icon in the rich text editor window.
Step 2 - Click:
- Audio to record an audio file.
- Audio & Video to record a video file.
Step 3 - When using the recorder for the first time, the browser will display a prompt to allow the microphone or camera. Click Allow to continue using the recorder:
Step 4 - Click Start Recording to begin your recording
Note: The audio recorder does not begin until you click Record, and it detects sounds. It may take significant noise - for example, clapping your hands, or tapping the microphone, for the recording to detect the 'start' sound and begin recording.
Step 5 - Click Stop Recording to end your recording.
- To preview your recording before posting, click the play button after the recording has ended.
- Click Insert Recording to attach your recording to the update.
- The recorder uploads the file during recording so there is less processing time when the video or audio recording has been completed.
- When the file is attached, it will be converted into a readable format. Please allow time for the conversion to complete.