Use Google Drive File Stream (GDFS)
|With Drive File Stream you can access your Google Drive files directly from your computer.|
Employees and Students
RCS Software and Services and Classroom technology and systems
|in need of review.|
Google File Stream
With Drive File Stream, you can access your Google Drive files directly from your computer even though they’re still only stored in the cloud. This means they take up no disk space on your laptop but are almost instantly available through the Finder or Windows Explorer. We’ve been testing it for a while now and it works great. Please click on this link to follow instructions on how to Download & install Drive File Stream
Step 1: Disconnect and Uninstall Google Drive for your Mac/PC
- . Click the Google Drive icon (usually in the top of your Mac desktop right bar).
- . Click More > Preferences.
- . Click Settings.
- . Click Disconnect account.
- . Quit the Google Drive application by opening the Google Drive menu and selecting Quit.
- . Open the Applications folder.
- . Drag Google Drive to the trash (on your Dock).
- . You can purge your trash by right-clicking the trash and selecting Empty Trash.
- . Click the Google Drive icon (usually in the bottom right task bar).
- . Click the Options icon at the top right.
- . Click Preferences >Disconnect account.
- . Open the Start menu.
- . Select Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Google Drive.
- . Click Uninstall.
Step 2: Rename the Google Drive folder to OLD Google Drive(Today's Date)
- After you uninstall the application, please rename the Google Drive. After completing Step 3, you can delete the Google Drive folder from your computer without deleting anything in your Google Drive on the web.