Submit student work through Seesaw
|Procedure for helping lower school students with remote learning|
Classroom Technology and Systems and Remote Learning
|in need of review.|
What is Seesaw?
Seesaw is a digital platform that will allow students to submit assignments with their homebase teachers. This platform will also allow for teachers to provide purposeful feedback to students.
Logging in to Seesaw
PK - 2nd Grade
On an iPad
- Open the Clever app and sign in using your Clever Badge
- Hold up your Badge to the camera
- You also can scan the Badge by holding your phone - with the Badge open - up to the camera
- Once signed in, click the Seesaw Class app
On a Chromebook/Computer
- Via the web browser of your choice, navigate to www.clever.com
- Click “Log in as a student” at the top right
- Click “Clever Badge log in"
- Once in Clever, click the Seesaw Class app
3rd - 5th Grade
On a Chromebook/Computer
From the myRiverdale page via the web browser of your choice (we recommend Google Chrome)
- Navigate to the myRiverdale page.
- Sign in using RCS Username and Password.
- Once signed in to myRiverdale, click the Seesaw app
- Click Log in with Google to sign in using your child's Riverdale email address and email password on the Clever Login page.
- You may be prompted to either select your Google account or enter in your email credentials.
- Please select or enter in your child's Riverdale email account.
On an iPad
- Install the following via the App Store:
- Seesaw Class
- Every time your child needs to access Seesaw please do the following:
- Open the Clever app and sign in using Google
- Once signed in, click the desired app icon (Dreambox, Lexia, or Seesaw)
- You will be prompted to open the desired app
- The desired app will open already signed into your child’s account
What can they see?
Students will only see their Homebase class in Seesaw at this time. There they will be able to access their Remote Learning Plan, via the Student Announcements tab. They will also submit completed assignments to their teachers, via the activity stream for teacher feedback. As we continue to implement Seesaw across the Lower School, you will begin to see Special area classes pop up in the Seesaw drop-down menu.
Submitting an Assignment to Seesaw
Students will complete their daily assignments provided by their teacher in their Remote Learning Plan. Once their assignments are completed they will follow the steps below to submit a picture of their work.
Navigate to the Homebase class:
- Tap the activities tab and locate the activity that corresponds to the date you are posting for
- Example: The writing assignment for April 13 with be added to the activity named: Monday April 13 - Writing
<<screenshot of activity>>
- To submit a response or turn in an assignment, Click the "Add Response" button
- Select an option for what type of work to submit
- ex. Photo, Note, Drawing, Video, Link or Upload a file
- Click the green check mark to submit work when completed
Here are some video examples on submitting an assignment using an iPad or a Chromebook/Laptop
Approval and Comments
After submitting your response you will await your teachers approval and comments! The aim is to review and confirm receipt of all work submitted between Monday and Friday within 24 hours of submission. After reviewing and approving of all submissions, faculty will provide feedback to students during synchronous sessions, via 1:1 check-ins, or directly through Seesaw.