Post on blogs.riverdale.edu?
Accessing blogs.riverdale.edu as a member of the RCS community
blogs.riverdale.edu is available from myRiverdale from the QuickLaunch bar, along with Mail, Calendar, Moodle, and FA Web:
Before you can post to any of the blogs, you must be invited by an administrator. You will get an email inviting you to join and confirm your invitation to the blog.
One you confirm your invitation and log in to WordPress, you can post. You can also log in by clicking on any blog to which you have more than subscriber access from the main blogs.riverdale.edu page, and clicking the Login link:
Once you are logged in you will have a handy bar along the top of the window with useful links. On the left side you will see links to a list of all your sites (blogs), an indicator of any posts submitted that need to be moderated (reviewed and published), and a plus button for adding new Posts, among other things:
On the right side, the bar contains handy links for your account, such as "Log out" and "Edit my Profile", as well as a search button.
Creating new posts
Here is an excellent overview of creating new posts. Note that you don't need to add a post from the dashboard - you can also add it from the WordPress bar along the top of the window when you are logged in to any blog to which you have posting rights, as discussed above.
Adding other users to your blog
If you are an Administrator for a specific blog site, you can also invite other users to contribute to your blog by following these instructions. Be careful to only assign the minimum number of rights the user will need. Most of the time, you will want to add a "Contributor". Contributors can post, but an Administrator or Author must approve and publish the post beofre it becomes visible. To see a matrix of what different User Roles can do on your blog site, from the Dashboard, click the Users button and select "Capabilities" from the popout:
Reviewing and approving posts submitted for review by contributors to a blog you manage
- Log in to blogs.riverdale.edu
- Click "My Sites" in the toolbar on the top left, select the blog you are managing from the dropdown, and select "Dashboard" from the pullout menu.
- Under content, click on the "Posts" link.
- Click the "Pending" link at the top of the list to view all pending posts.
- To review and approve, click to open each post, and click the "Publish" button to make it live. You can also edit and save posts before publishing, if needed.
Accessing and posting to blogs.riverdale.edu as a non-member of the RCS community
If you have been invited to contribute to a riverdale.edu blog, but you are not a member of the Riverdale community with a riverdale.edu email address, here's how to do it.
First, you should have been provided with:
- A link to the blog you have access to
- A username and a password to access the blog
Before trying to post, make sure you have both of the above pieces of information. Then follow these steps:
- Access the provided link, and enter the provided username and password to log in.
- Click the "New Post" link:
- Enter a title for your post, and enter text. Format using the toolbar above the body field.
- To insert a picture, click the "Insert/Upload" button in the toolbar:
- The "Add Media" window opens, allowing you to drag and drop pictures to add them, or you can browse for images and select them from your hard drive.
- As you write, you may save your work by clicking "Save Draft":
- You may also preview your post using the Preview button.
- When you are ready to submit your post, click
Note that your post will not be made public until a moderator has reviewed, approved and published it.