|How to use the New Okta End User Dashboard.|
Employees and Students
RCS Software and Services
|in need of review.|
New Okta End User Dashboard
- We are excited to announce that the redesigned Okta Dashboard for end users. The Okta Dashboard for end-users is easier to navigate, more mobile-friendly, and more accessible. And it loads 50% faster than our previous dashboard.
A summary of what’s new
- Modern Look & Feel: Updated aesthetics, which includes new fonts and colors, and moved the top navigation bar now to the left side
- Fuzzy Search: More forgiving search which makes it easier to find what you’re looking for
- Sections: Organize your apps into personalized buckets such as “personal” or “favorites”
- Updated Browser Plugin: We didn’t just update the Dashboard, we also updated the Okta Browser Plugin
Search is now fuzzy
- It can be difficult to quickly get to the exact app you’re looking for - especially if you don’t remember the exact name of that app. Now, we’ve made the search algorithm more forgiving. We’ll find it, even if you don’t enter the exact app name.
Sections are the new tabs
- Okta took the “tabs” concept and reimagined it as “sections”, which better fits into the single-page Dashboard view. You can still create customized sections such as “Personal” or “Favorites” and move cards into those sections for easier navigation.
Download the Okta Browser Plugin
- The Okta Browser Plugin enables you to quickly launch apps from any page and automatically signs you into applications.
- Users are redirected to the Chrome Store.
- Users need to install the Okta Extension App from the Mac App Store.
- Users are redirected to the Firefox Browser Add-ons Store.
- Internet Explorer - Download directly in the Okta dashboard.
Logging into myRiverdale
- Go to my.riverdale.edu. You will be redirected to riverdale.okta.com. This is totally fine and totally safe. (You can also just go straight to riverdale.okta.com.)
- Enter your RCS Username and passphrase.
Okta Mobile App
Okta Mobile delivers Okta's simple Single Sign-On experience to iPads, iPhones, and Android devices. When end users launch the Okta Mobile, they get immediate one-click access to all of their applications.
- Apple devices: iPad/iPhone
- Android devices: Android
- Edge: Depending on their browser, end users are redirected to the Legacy Edge Store or Chromium-based Edge Store.
With the mobile app, users can access the applications in their Dashboard and reset their Okta passphrase.
- When you open the App for the first time, you'll be prompted to enter the "site name", your "user name", and your "passphrase". For "site name", enter "Riverdale".
- Please note that the mobile application has been a little inconsistent in our testing. It does not always work correctly for all applications. We hope it will be improved in future versions.