|How to Uninstall Google Drive for your Mac/PC.|
Employees and Students
|in need of review.|
Uninstall Google Drive for your Mac/PC
- You can remove Google Drive for your Mac/PC and turn syncing off from your computer by uninstalling the application.
- Click the Google Drive icon (usually in the bottom right task bar).
- Click the Options icon at the top right.
- Click Preferences >Disconnect account.
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Google Drive.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click the Google Drive icon (usually in the top of your Mac desktop right bar).
- Click More > Preferences.
- Click Settings.
- Click Disconnect account.
- Quit the Google Drive application by opening the Google Drive menu and selecting Quit.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Drag Google Drive to the trash (on your Dock).
- You can purge your trash by right-clicking the trash and selecting Empty Trash.
Deleting the Google Drive folder
- After you uninstall the application, you can delete the Google Drive folder from your computer without deleting anything in your Google Drive on the web.
- The Google Drive folder – including the files and folders it contains – will remain on your computer unless you delete it.