Get started with tech at RCS? (for LS students)
|The information here will guide you through the process of setting up your RCS Account and your laptop.|
Students and Parents
RCS software and services
|Up-to-date for the 2021-2022 school year.|
If you have any questions that are not answered here, please contact us at email@example.com.
Grades PK - 2
The Clever badge along with the Clever App, will give your student access to all of the learning platforms needed for Remote Learning. This Badge can be used by your child to logon to our systems without having to remember or type a username and passphrase. We strongly suggest you make a printed version of the Badge as your child will need it each time they access any learning platforms used for remote learning. If you don’t have a printer,
- you could have a photo printing service make a 3x5 photo and mail it to you
- you can scan the Badge by holding your phone - with the Badge open - up to the camera on your iPad/Chromebook
You should have received your child's Clever badge via email from the Technology Department. If you have not received, or need a replacement of your child's Clever badge please request one by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Clever
Open the Clever app and sign in using your Clever Badge
Hold your Badge to the camera. You can also scan the Badge by holding your phone - with the Badge open - up to the camera. We strongly suggest you make a printed version of the Badge as your child will need it each time they access any learning platforms needed for remote learning.
- Select desired app
Once signed in, click the desired app. You will be prompted to open the desired app
Grades 3 - 5
The following instructions will guide you step-by-step in setting up your RCS account and installing necessary web browser plug-ins.
New Device Unboxing
Welcome to your new Lenovo 500e Chromebook! Watch this short video to learn more about your new device!
New User Passphrase Setup
Please complete these steps on a device OTHER than your child's Chromebook.
On a device other than your child's Chromebook:
- Logon: Go to https://my.riverdale.edu and enter your "RCS Username" and "passphrase".
- Change your passphrase: We strongly encourage you to make a long passphrase that contains multiple words that are meaningful to you with a few digits thrown in. The passphrase must:
- contain 12 or more characters (we recommend longer than the minimum length)
- contain at least one lowercase letter, uppercase letter, digit
- not contain your first name, last name or username
- be different from a previous passphrase you've used at RCS
- Follow the prompts to:
- Add a secondary email address to use when resetting your passphrase, or check the box that says "I have no secondary email address".
- Add your mobile phone number if you want the option to reset your passphrase via text message.
- Choose a security question to answer if you forget your passphrase.
- Choose a security image.
When you have finished these steps, click on the button that says "Create Account" in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. This will complete the account creation process!
Login to your new Chromebook
Using the RCS Username and passphrase you just setup, login to your your new device
Okta Plug-In Installation
You may see a message that asks you to install an Okta browser plug-in the first time you log in to your RCS account.
- The plug-in must be installed for the software to operate.
- Click on the part of the message that says "click here to install".
- Start the installation and follow the onscreen instructions.
- When the installation is complete, restart the browser.
All 1st thru 5th Grade students will receive a Technology Orientation during the first weeks of School. Third thru Fifth Grade students will be asked to submit a technology pledge
- Select the orientation that corresponds with you child's grade level
- Review the slides with you child and watch the embedded videos
- Complete the Technology Pledge at the end of the slideshow by submitting a response to the corresponding Google form.