Find a laptop or iPad cart (Hill campus)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|An overview of the computers and procedures at the Hill campus.|
Employees and Students
Classroom technology and systems
|in need of review.|
Locations & items
|Building||Location||What's there?||Calendar Name+Link||New?|
|9/10||2nd Floor iPad Cart||20 iPads||Hill - 9/10 2nd Floor iPad Cart|
|Hackett||Library||10 Mac Laptops for lending
10 Samsung Chromebooks for lending
|Hackett||Library 2nd Floor||Large flat-panel display
A/V connections - Apple TV
|20 Laptops||Hill - Physics Laptop Cart|
|Lindenbaum||Music Office Cart||28 iPads||Hill - Lindenbaum Mac Laptop Cart|
|Lindenbaum||Graphics Lab||22 Mac Desktops
|Hill - Lindenbaum Graphics Lab|
|Lindenbaum||Graphics Lab||20 iPad Pros||Hill - Lindenbaum Graphics Lab iPad Cart|
|Lindenbaum||Music Lab||6 Mac Desktops||Hill - Lindenbaum DiMPL|
|Lindenbaum||Shop||24 MacBook Air|
|Mow||Language Office 1||25 MacBook Air|
Policies & procedures
Use, Care, and Feeding
To use a computer lab:
- Reserve the lab in advance in its appropriate Google Calendar.
- Please DO NOT reserve the lab for all of a class' repeating calendar events. Just grab it when you need it.
- If you have reserved a lab, but then cannot use it for some reason, please remove the reservation and make the lab available for somebody else.
When you and your students are finished in a lab, ask students to:
- Neaten the room (chairs under tables, where appropriate; node chairs positioned nicely, etc.)
- Ensure keyboards/mice are organized on desktop computers.
- Ensure the room and surfaces are free of books, papers, and debris.
Please do not:
- eat or drink in a computer lab.
- remove laptops from a cart during someone else's reservation.
- keep laptops out of a cart overnight.
- leave carts unlocked when you walk away from them.
Use, Care, and Feeding
To use a laptop or iPad cart:
- Reserve the cart in advance in its appropriate Google Calendar.
- Please DO NOT reserve the cart for all of a class' repeating calendar events. Just grab it when you need it.
- Unplug and wheel the cart to your class location.
- Open the cart, hand out laptops to students. Do not give a student the combination to the cart - you are ultimately responsible for its contents and any missing devices.
- Never leave a cart unlocked unless you're physically next to it
- Students should not be sent alone to get/return cart laptops, as they will likely find the cart locked and will leave laptops on top of it. (We see this all the time.)
Do when finished:
- Ask students to log out of their computers (and wait until the screen goes dark)
- Users who login to Google Drive or other apps requiring a Riverdale login on iPads, must logout of these apps before returning them to the cart.
- Ensure all laptops are returned (to their correct slots, if numbered)
- Ensure all are plugged in.
- Note: some of our carts only charge half the laptops at a time. This is fine.
- Lock the cart and return its key to the lockbox
- Ensure cart is plugged into a wall socket to continue charging
- Report any problems or damage via a tech support ticket.
- Borrow a cart laptop as a faculty loaner, unless specifically designated for this purpose. Faculty loaner laptops are available from the Technology Department by request.
- Borrow a cart laptop as a student loaner, unless specifically designated for this purpose. Student loaner laptops are available for checkout in the library.
- Allow students to eat or drink by a laptop.
- Remove laptops from a cart without a reservation.
- Remove laptops from a cart during someone else's reservation.
- Keep laptops out of a cart overnight.