Difference between revisions of "Add a Riverdale calendar (of any type -- event, room, or resource) to my own calendar"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
| year = 2017-2018
| year = 2017-2018
Revision as of 09:47, 7 August 2017
|Tons of information about RCS Google Calendars, including room reservations, laptop or iPad cart reservations, scheduling appointments, and lists of calendars.|
Employees, Students and Parents
Calendars and Scheduling
|in need of review.|
Find Room/Resource calendars and School calendars, and add these to your Google Calendar
(from https://knowledge.riverdale.edu/index.php?title=How_to_reserve_Rooms_and_Resources&action=edit, but change to a link out if possible)
- Go to the left hand column of your Google calendar
- Navigate to "other calendars"
- Click the drop-down menu and select "interesting calendars"
- At the top of the page that opens, select the tab that says "More"
- Select "resources for riverdale.edu"
- Select resources for either "Hill" or "River" campuses]
- From the resulting list, choose the calendar you wish to view
- Click "Subscribe"
- Finally, return to the main calendar by clicking "back to calendar" at the top of the page
Reserve a Room
Via a calendar event
- Login to your RCS Google Calendar at http://calendar.riverdale.edu
- Create a new event by either clicking and dragging in the calendar or by clicking the large, red Create Event button on the left side of the calendar screen
- In the Create Event screen, check the time range on your event - if you have a 50 minute period, you may have to manually type your period's end time in the end time box.
- Please also check the repeating status of your event. If this event will be happening weekly, daily or biweekly, take advantage of the Repeat check box.
- Once you are sure your dates and times are correct, you can begin adding a room to your event. To do this, Click on the Rooms link on the right side of the Create Event page.
- To search for your room, you may either click on the campus you need and scroll through the available rooms, or you may use the search bar to search for the name of the room.
- Once you find the Room you want to book and it is available, click the Add link next to the Room name to add it to your event. Doing this should fill in the location field to your event as well.
The Room I'm Looking For Doesn't Show Up!
The Room I Need is Busy - Who's Using it? When Will it be Free?
Via Room Wizards
Room Wizard reservations are available for reserving a free room immediately. See our Room Wizard instructions page to reserve a room with a room wizard.
Room Wizards connect with the room's reservation calendar... which means that your events in a room will automatically show up on the Room Wizard! Wowie!
Other articles about Calendars and Scheduling:
|Reserve a room or resource in Google Calendar||How to reserve a room or resource (including a laptop or iPad cart) in Google Calendar.|
|Get a list of Riverdale Google Calendars||A list of most RCSs Google Calendars, links to them, and information about who manages them and who can access them.|
|Use the Hill Writing Center appointments calendar||This calendar allows you to book an appointment in the Writing Center.|
|Use the Hill MS Testing or US Major Student Deadlines Calendar||The Testing and Major Student Deadlines Calendars are our list of all major assessments for Hill students. We use them to help balance our students' major commitments.|
|Use the Room Wizards outside conference rooms?||RoomWizard is a web-based meeting room scheduling system that allows you to book rooms and meeting spaces.|
|Use the Hill and River Visitor Calendars||When a visitor is scheduled to arrive on the Hill or River campus someone(the person arranging this meeting) needs to put it in the correct calendar.|
|List of Main Riverdale Google Groups||List of Main Riverdale Google Groups.|