Access library resources
Employees, Students and Parents
RCS software and services
|in need of review.|
In mid-2011, the Riverdale Libraries on both River and Hill campuses unified their card-catalog and on-line resources with Follett's on-line Destiny Card Catalog. This allows patrons on either campus to view the holdings in either library. Patrons with a Riverdale Domain username and password can login to the Destiny catalog to view their Library account. This will enable patrons to save book lists, view resource lists created by other patrons, get a list of checked-out books, renew books, and access on-line databases through the card catalog search.
Accessing On-Line Resources through the Card Catalog Search
Follett has arrangements with several of the on-line database providers we subscribe to that allow searches of their resources through the card catalog search window.
Of the many on-line databases Riverdale subscribes to, only the following resources can be searched through Destiny:
- EBSCO: Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia; Primary Search
- InfoTrac: National Newspaper Index & Newspapers; Business & Company ASAP; Heath Reference Center Academic
- Proquest: Historical Newspaper; My Research
- Gale Group: Health and Wellness Resource Center; Business and Company Resource Center; Opposing Viewpoints in Context; Virtual Reference Library
- Oxford: African American Study Center; American National Biography; Art Online; English Dictionary Online; Music Online; Reference Online
- Grolier Online
- Sharpe Online Reference
- SIRS Discoverer
- United Streaming/Discovery Education Streaming
How to search:
- Login to Follett Destiny using your Riverdale Domain username & password. You cannot search on-line databases if you are not logged in. You can, however, browse the card catalog.
- In the Library Search window, click the Power tab
- Click the checkbox near the bottom of the search window: "Include Online Resources"
- Choose one, several, or all online resources to search by using the "Select All" button or by choosing individual checkboxes.
River Campus - Lower School
Hill Campus - Middle and Upper School
Articles that use this template are